Grilled zucchini Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 800 g (1.8 lb) zucchini (courgettes)
- 2 tablespoons aromatic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
preparation: 15 minutes
plus marinating time
cooking: 20-30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (159 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
This is a tasty dish of grilled zucchini. Grilled vegetables absorb too much oil but Carlo and I have the habit to marinate vegetables before grilling and in this case we are able to use only 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Clean the zucchini (courgettes). Trim the ends and wash under running water. Cut them into slices lengthways. Every slice must be neither too thick nor too thin.
Beat the aromatic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil together to have an emulsion.
Arrange the zucchini slices on the bottom of a deep pie serving, without overlapping the. Brush every slice with the vinegar and oil emulsion (or spread the emulsion with a teaspoon). Make a second layer of zucchini slices and brush the emulsion. Continue until all the ingredients are used up.
Let the zucchini marinate for about two hours.
Grease the grill pan with the remaining olive oil. Grill the zucchini slices for some minutes on both sides. Cooking time depends on your taste.
Meanwhile mix the two aromatic herbs.
Arrange the zucchini slices, once grilled, on a serving plate. Sprinkle them with the aromatic herbs and season to taste with salt.
Your dish is ready.
- - Generally we use aromatic vinegar we prepare at home. We prefer raspberry vinegar with zucchini. We think you can find aromatic vinegar in gourmet food shops. If you don't find it, make it at home. Follow our istructions in this pages: rose or raspberry vinegar.
- - If you prefer, you can use fresh aromatic herbs.
- - You can prepare this dish 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving. You can preseve the grilled zucchini (courgettes) for a couple of days.
- - Grilled zucchini (courgettes) are a tasty vegetarian dish and a vegan recipe too, as they have no egg and milk ingredients.
- - Grilled zucchini are a perfect choice for people who follow no-tomato diet.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1