Insalata con mele e noci
Green salad with apples and walnuts Our original home cooking
Green salad is a great side dish that accompanies our main dishes made with meat or fish, but it can also be served after a good dish of pasta or risotto enriched with a lot ingredients. There are salads for all seasons. This green salad with apples and walnuts is typical of cold months: fall, winter and spring. It's a recipe for the Mediterranean diet.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 450g (1 pound) lettuce and radicchio
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cubed
- 100g (3 1/2ounces) shelled walnuts
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, if liked
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: not required
total time: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 193 (kcal) 10 % GDA (*)- 809 (kJ)
Protein: 3.7 (g) 8 % GDA
Total fat: 16.5 (g) 24 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 8.0 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 7.7 (g) 9 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (160 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for green salad with walnuts and apples
- - Clean and wash carefully lettuce and radicchio.
Drain it very well. This can be done in advance, some hours before serving in order to eliminate water.
The best solution is to centrifugate.
Just before serving
- - Just before serving you have to peel and cube apples.
- - Then, in a bowl, mix all other ingredients.
Season to taste with salt and stir.
- - Serve at once.
- - You can also add lemon juice (or orange juice) or balsamic vinegar, according to your own taste.
- - You can make this green salad with lettuce or radicchio or both, according to your own taste. If you have guests whose taste is unknown, it would be better to choose only lettuce.
- - Serve this green salad with apples and walnuts as side dish to accompany meat of fish recipes. In this case it serves more than 6.
- - It serves more than 6 even if it is served in a full menu, Italian-style.
- - You can serve this green salad in your family menu after a pasta or rice dish. Suggested servings are related to this case.
- - Calories of this green salad is not low. The reason is the presence of walnuts and apples.
So you have not to make it frequently unless you serve it after a simple recipe with pasta or rice, to complete you meal.
- - Eating few walnuts a day seems to be a correct eating style.
- - Fiber per serving: 3.0 grams
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1