Sugo per gnocchi con carne e salumi
Gnocchi sauce with ground beef and salami Our original home cooking
Ever since I was a child the best sauce to toss gnocchi was made with ground beef for me. Then I learned to appreciate them in other ways as you can see in our section dedicated to gnocchi (maybe you call them potato dumplings). The sauce that I propose in this page was born on a Sunday morning by chance. I had bought a little less than 400 grams (14 ounces) of ground beef and I needed to reinforce it. Cotto ham and bacon used for some savory pies and advanced helped me. The result was a success. Other pasta sauces?
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 400g (14 ounces) ground beef
- 80g (2.8 ounces) cotto ham, in a slice
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) Italian speck or bacon, sliced
- 80g (2.8 ounces) onion
- 700g (1 1/2 pound) pureed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Some leaves fresh basil
- 1 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 253 (kcal) 13 % GDA (*)- 1059 (kJ)
Protein: 31.9 (g) 64 % GDA
Total fat: 11.3 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 6.5 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 6.5 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (122 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for gnocchi sauce with ground beef and salami
Preparation and cooking
- - Peel and chop onion.
- - Let it fry slightly in olive oil on very low heat.
- - Add ground meat and stir often to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- - After a couple of minutes add pureed tomatoes too and a glass of hot water or vegetable stock if you prefer.
Season to taste with salt.
- - Continue cooking on low heat, half-covered, for about 20 minutes.
Your sauce should not be too thick.
Add other hor water if necessary.
- - Add aromatic dried herbs just before turning off the stove.
On the contrary, add chopped fresh basil, cubed cotto ham and speck in strips once your stove is turned off.
Stir very well.
Just before stirring
- - Cook potato gnocchi in abundant salt water.
Remove from water with skimming ladle and transfer them directly in the pan with sauce.
- - You can find the right dose for gnocchi in this page: potato gnocchi. Gnocchi that perhaps you have the habit to call dumplings are made with 1kg (2.2 pounds) potatoes and 300g (10 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour.
- - You can prepare this sauce in advance.
- - Add a couple of garlic cloves to the onion, if liked. I prefer not to add it to taste better the full flavor.
- - Use this sauce to toss egg pasta too, especially tagliatelle, fettuccine or chitarra spaghetti.
- - Use other ground meat if prefered.
- - Family menu. If you prepare gnocchi seasoned with this sauce, it is one-plate meal to accompany eventually with a green seasonal salad with a little olive oil.
- - Get-together menu. In this case the doses are enough for 10-12 people if served in a full menu, Italian-style from starter to dessert.
If you serve gnocchi in a full menu, be careful to choose the other courses.
Choose assorted finger food to match with a cocktail or a glass of good-quality wine before sitting at table. Consult paged dedicated to canapes, croutons (crostini) and appetizers for your favorite ideas.
Begin your seated get-together with gnocchi and then serve a meat dish accompanied by a seasonal side dish.
Close your menu with a typical Italian cake. I suggest a fruit tart. No custard or whipped cream, not too digestible for the presence of gnocchi.
- - Nutrition facts you can read is only for sauce to which you have to add calories, fat and sugar for gnocchi dough. Calories are 684 per head. Eat them in moderation :))
- - Fiber per portion: 2.8 grams
What's the right wine for " Gnocchi sauce with ground beef and salami "?
My husband and I matched a bottle of organic Chianti with this gnocchi dish the first time we tested the recipe and we have never changed this choice next times.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1