Pesce spada impanato
Breaded swordfish steaks Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 swordfish steaks (600 g - 1lb and 5 1/4oz)
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: about 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 360 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1505 (kJ)
Protein: 48.0 (g) 96 % GDA
Total fat: 12.1 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 15.6 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 1.0 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (216 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Cut the foil and line a large baking pan. Grease it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Remove the skin from the steaks of swordfish. Beat the egg together with a pinch of salt and chives in a shallow dish. spread out the plain dried breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
Dip every swordfish steak first in the beaten egg and then in the plain dried breadcrumbs, pressing them on with your fingers.
Bake for about 20 minutes. Remember to turn out every swordfish steak with a spatula after 10 minutes.
Spread the steaks with lemon juice and the remaining olive oil and serve immediately.
- - Prefer fresh swordfish instead of frozen fish.
- - Choose well the fish steaks; they mustn't be too thick!.
- - Serve the fish with tomato salad or seasonal green salad.
- - If an egg isn't enough add some milk and beat all the ingredients again, so you avoid a second egg.
- - If some beaten egg remains, add some plain dried breadcrumbs and prepare little bread balls as you can see in the photo. Cook them in the oven together with the fish steaks.
- - This is a low fat recipe because you have not to deep-fry the fish.
What's the right wine for " Breaded swordfish steaks "?
Our suggestion is: Regaleali Bianco (white wine from Sicily - Italy)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1