Insalata di ravioli
Homemade ravioli salad Our original home cooking
Have you ever eaten a ravioli salad? I bet you have never read about such a recipe! It’s tasty. You can serve it in a summer dinner party or in a meal, buffet-style! Besides you can prepare it in two steps. The day before you can prepare homemade ravioli filled with tuna in oil and olives. The day after it's enough to prepare a raw tomato sauce, cook ravioli and dress them.
Ingredients / Serves 12
- To make ravioli
- 4 eggs
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 600g (1 1/3 pounds) can tuna in oil
- 40g (1 1/2 ounces) green olives, stoned
- 5 tablespoons dried chives
- To make ravioli sauce
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) ripe but firm tomatoes
- 80ml (5 1/2 tablespoons - 1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Fresh chives
preparation: 1 hour 20 minutes
plus resting time for ravioli
cooking: 10 minutes
total: 1 hour 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 262 (kcal) 14 % GDA (*)- 1094 (kJ)
Protein: 14.6 (g) 30 % GDA
Total fat: 13.3 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 22.3 (g) 9 % GDA
Sugars: 3.4 (g) 4 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (58 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Homemade ravioli salad recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - The day before.
Prepare ravioli. The suggested doses are enough for 250 to 270 small round or square ravioli. I chose square ravioli with a side 3.5cm (1.4in) long.
Prepare pasta dough with 3 eggs, all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons dried chives and a pinch of salt.
Read all my directions carefully in the page of our site dedicated to egg dough. Link below.
Cover with a napkin and allow to rest, at least 20 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare ravioli stuffing.
Mix tuna in oil (well drained from oil) together with an egg, green olives and remaining chives in a food processor.
Prepare your ravioli.
Roll out your pasta dough and make your ravioli taking care to close their edges with your fingers lightly moistened.
Let them rest overnight, in a cool place, well arranged in trays sprinkled with semolina. Be careful not to overlap your ravioli to prevent sticking.
- - The day after.
Prepare a raw tomato sauce.
You have to peel your tomatoes. You can dip them in boiling water and simmer, a minute. But you can put them in a microwave too, 30 seconds.
Peel tomatoes and remove their seeds and vegetation water.
Chop them and transfer in a very large bowl. Crush them with a fork, lightly.
Wash chives and basil and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Cut chives using scissors and basil using your fingers. Add both to tomato sauce.
Dress with olive oil and season to taste with salt.
Let your tomato sauce rest, at least an hour.
- - Cook ravioli in a plenty of boiling salt water, drain well and transfer them in a plenty of cold water to stop cooking. Drain again and trasfer into the bowl with tomato sauce.
Stir with delicacy.
Just before serving
- - Let your ravioli salad rest, at least 30 minutes.
- - Your ravioli salad is ready to serve!
- - This unusual cold dish will be successful with your guests and relatives, for sure!
In any case if you have any leftovers, do not worry! You can chill your ravioli salad for a couple of days.
- - If ravioli seem too many for you, you can freeze them. It's easy. Arrange your ravioli in one or more trays (well sprinkled with semolina) but be careful not to overlap them to avoid sticking. Place your trays in the freeze overnight. The day after distribute your frozen ravioli in freezer bags quickly, according to your right servings. How to thaw them? dip them still frozen in salted boiling water!
- - This ravioli dish serves 12 in a full menu from starter to dessert.
If you want to test and prepare it for your family menu, remember it can be one-plate meal and with these doses it serves 6.
- - You can combine this ravioli salad with a lot of starter and fish or meat recipes. It's easy to plan a full menu.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in making egg pasta at home?
- - Want to take a look at another ravioli salad recipe made with ready-made ravioli?.
- - Have you read nutrition facts of ravioli salad? Please, do not think it is low in calories. It is not true for servings are small. If you want to serves 6, here are the new values
energy: 523 kcal (2189 kJ)
total fat: 26.6g
- - Fiber per serving: 2.3 grams (12 servings) - 4.6 grams (6 servings)
What's the right wine for " Homemade ravioli salad "?
The choice of wine to match to this ravioli salad depends on other courses, obviously. In reality, being a summer dish, I would suggest that in any case a sparkling wine (Italian prosecco), to be served at the right temperature, could be perfect.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1