Gnocchi con ceci e vongole
Dumplings with chick peas and clams Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 500 g (1,1 lb) fresh dumplings
- 300 ml (10 fl oz - 1 1/4 C) puréed tomatoes
- 1 250 g 8 1/2 oz) can chick peas
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) frozen clams
- 2 teaspoons dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Half a glass of white wine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 5 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 670 (kcal) 34 % GDA (*)- 2801 (kJ)
Protein: 24.7 (g) 50 % GDA
Total fat: 14.9 (g) 22 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 108.2 (g) 41 % GDA
Sugars: 6.5 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (177 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Let clams thaw at room temperature.
Cook dumplings in abundant salt water.
Meanwhile prepare sauce for dressing them. Put puréed tomatoes, aromatic herbs and wine in a little saucepan. Keep on cooking over a medium heat for few minutes; then add chick peas, well drained from their preservation juice. Just before switching off the gas, add clams. Season to taste with salt, add olive oil and stir accurately. Your sauce is ready. Drain dumplings and dress them Serve hot.
- - This recipe is very easy and fast but it's very tasty too. It's the ideal thing for people who come back home in late and have little time for cooking. But remember to let clams thaw in advance!
- - For completing your meal you can serve boiled vegetables or a seasonal salad and some fresh fruit.
- - Naturally you can make the same recipe with fresh clams and aromatic herbs and dried chick peas; in this case you have to remember to soak chick peas the evening before and then boil them in the traditional way.
- - If you have time, you can prepare dumplings; generally you need about 20 minutes plus cooking time for potatoes.
What's the right wine for " Dumplings with chick peas and clams "?
Our suggestion is: Lacryma Christi Rosato (wine from Campania - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1